by Viki Lyn
I’m a sucker for a good romantic movie with a happy ending. I hate it when I invest in a relationship and in the end either a character dies, or they have to part ways. I remember watching Roman Holiday with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. It was delightful to watch Audrey in her break out film, but the ending was painfully poignant. No happy ending for a commoner and a princess.
Good thing there are plenty movie where the actors sizzle with chemistry and still get their happily ever after.
Here are ten of my current favorites:
1. Bill Pullman (Jack) and Sandra Bullock (Lucy) in While You Were Sleeping.
2. Billy Crystal (Harry) and Meg Ryan (Sally) in When Harry Met Sally.
3. Viggo Mortensen (Lord Aragorn) and Liv Tyler (Arwen) in Lord of the Rings.
4. Richard Armitage (Mr. Thornton) and Daniela Denby-Ashe (Margaret) in North and South.
5. Colin Firth (Darcy) and Jennifer Ehle (Elizabeth) in Pride and Prejudice.
6. Spencer Tracy (Sam) and Katherine Hepburn (Tess) in Woman of the Year.
7. Dan Stevens (Matthew) and Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) in Downton Abbey.
8. Derek Magyar (X) and Darryl Stephens (Andrew) in Boy Culture.
9. Tom Hanks (Joe) and Meg Ryan (Kathleen) in You Got Mail.
10. Wes Ramsey (Christian) and Steve Sandvoss (Aaron) in Latter Days.
What is your favorite romantic movie with a HEA?
While you're thinking about my question, here's a little from my latest release to tempt you.
Pride will be the death of him.
When psychic Nate Coleman dreams of a murder, he knows it’s a premonition. He can’t forget the image of his ex-lover with a bullet hole through his chest. Nate has no choice but to confront William and face the skeptical scientist’s ridicule.
Dr. William Ryner doesn’t believe in what he can’t prove. When Nate comes back into his life, it’s not to rekindle their love, but to bring up more of that mumbo jumbo that split them apart.
Despite William’s refusal to listen, Nate can’t ignore the premonition. And, William can’t ignore Nate. Before the gunman strikes, William must either trust in Nate’s ability or rely only on the facts, but if he does the latter, pride could be the death of him.
To read an excerpt from Perceived Love, please click HERE.
You can find all of Viki Lyn's books at the following sites: Amazon, All Romance Ebooks and GLBT Bookshelf.
What inspires Viki is the reality that romance between lovers is a hope more than a guarantee. Her stories are an eclectic mix of contemporary and paranormal, but it is always romance that drives the story to its final happily-ever-after.
Learn more about Viki Lyn on her website and blog. Stay connected on Facebook and Twitter. Check out her bookshelf and be sure to Join Viki’s Street Team!